Can you see yourself here?
Museum Shop Sales Associate (Part-Time)
The Museum Shop Sales Associate assists the Museum Shop Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Museum store. Duties include sales support, customer relations, and occasional merchandizing and shop maintenance as directed. Applicants must have at least one year experience in retail sales and customer service, and enjoy working with the public. Successful candidates possess excellent communication skills and are detail oriented with a willingness to meet or exceed sales goals. Interest in art and/or experience in a museum store preferred. Must be able to work weekends and occasional evenings as needed. Position starting immediately.
Interested candidates please send letter of interest and resume to Catena Bergevin, Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Museum is an EOE. No phone calls, please.
Part-Time (Unpaid) Internship – Marketing & Communications
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art is seeking a part-time intern for the Marketing & Public Relations Department. This internship is a minimum 10-12 hour a week unpaid position. The intern will gain experience in a non-profit arts organization by assisting with day-to-day operations in the Marketing & Public Relations Department.
Assisting the Director of Marketing & Public Relations and the Manager of Communications, the intern will perform a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- assisting with creation of press releases and any printed/electronic materials, such as newsletters, brochures, postcards, eNewsletters, eBlasts, etc.
- entering the Museums’ events and exhibitions on event websites, including local travel and tourism sites, newspaper sites, arts news sites, etc., and researching new online event listing opportunities
- researching current social media trends
- coordinating grass roots marketing efforts
- assisting at events such as Art on Tap, and/or other special events and programs
- attending departmental and organization-wide meetings when available
- general office duties such as data entry, coordination of mailings, etc.
- performing other Marketing & Communications duties and special projects as assigned
- photography and/or video recording/production experience is a plus
The intern will be supervised by the Manager of Communications. Working closely under her direction, the intern will identify priorities and scope of responsibilities and work cooperatively with all staff and volunteers to accomplish tasks. Additionally, the intern will have the opportunity to learn about a broad range of departmental operations.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to Charlene Bidula, Manager of Communications, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Part-Time (Unpaid) Internship – Development Office
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art is seeking a part-time intern to work with the Development Team. This internship is a 6 – 10 hour a week unpaid position with a flexible schedule. The intern will gain experience in a non-profit arts organization specifically in the Development and Membership Office by assisting with day-to-day operations and helping to organize special events. The Development Office also oversees the Museum’s retail operations, which include the museum store and café, and facility rental program.
Candidates must be detail oriented, reliable, with excellent writing skills. This position will include some orientation in grant management.
- General office duties such as data entry, scanning and filing.
- Assisting with capital campaign activities such processing mailings, responding to inquiries and communications.
- Assisting at Museum events such as Art on Tap 5.2.7, cultivation events, jazz concerts, etc.
- Researching new funding opportunities and membership/fundraising trends.
- Working with museum store manager in analyzing store sales data.
- Working with events manager in coordination of facility rental program.
- Performing other development office duties and special projects as assigned.
The Director of Development will supervise the intern position. Working closely under her direction, the student will identify priorities and scope of responsibilities and work cooperatively with all staff and volunteers to accomplish tasks. Additionally, student will interact with the general public on a daily basis.
Interested candidates please send letter of interest and resume to Catena Bergevin, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Event Staff (Part-Time)
The Event staff are responsible for properly organizing and managing Museum events. They create a positive and enjoyable experience for guests while ensuring Museum property is always kept safe, clean and properly maintained. This job is part-time with limited hours.
Essential Functions: Event Staffing – Maintains an enjoyable, safe, clean and well organized event by:
- Assisting with table and chair set up and breakdown
- Assisting with food and beverage preparation, setup and clean up
- Cleaning, recycling and ensuring a clean environment at all times
- Placing event décor, linens, table settings, etc.
- Greeting vendors and guests and directing them as appropriate
- Enforcing venue policies and procedures
- Answering questions and providing directions
- Operating the elevator as needed
- Follows Museum safety procedures in performing all duties of the job
- Assisting the Event Manager with rental inquiries, scheduling site visits and file maintenance as needed
- Coordination of events in the Event Manager’s absence
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Event Manager
- 3 years of minimum experience working with the public in a special events setting, experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to work with a diverse population of guests, vendors, clients and staff.
- Reliable, prompt and must have reliable transportation to arrive on time.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Physical Working Conditions:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours including various days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to Catena Bergevin, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com. The Museum is an EOE. No phone calls, please.