Can you see yourself here?
Studio Programs Coordinator (Part-Time)
The Studio Programs Coordinator designs and presents studio related programs for school groups, children, adults and families; purchases and maintains an inventory of studio materials; works a flexible schedule to full studio program needs as scheduled.
Qualifications include holding an Art Teaching Certification for Grades K-12 and preferably having five years of experience teaching art classes in a classroom or museum setting.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to Joan McGarry, Director of Education and Visitor Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Westmoreland is an EOE. No phone calls, please.
Accounting Assistant (Part-Time)
The Westmoreland’s Part Time Accountant is a detail oriented person who is responsible for the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for The Westmoreland. The candidate acts as the first line of internal control for cash disbursements by ensuring invoices have proper coding and authorizations, setting up 1099 vendors, maintaining W-9 forms and handling vendor relations. The Accounting Assistant
Minimum qualifications include an accounting background and three years of related work experience, proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, well organized and accurate and able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to the Museum at email@example.com. The Westmoreland is an EOE. No phone calls, please.
Manager of Communications (Full-Time)
The Manager of Communications at The Westmoreland Museum of American Art works to promote the Museum in engaging and informative ways that reach both the organization’s current constituents and new audiences. Essential functions include coordinating the development and production of The Westmoreland’s printed newsletter; creating the Museum’s monthly email newsletter and other mass email communications; managing the social media presence of the organization and tracking engagement; maintaining the Museum’s website by updating exhibition and event listing information as well as other content; writing of press releases along with other media relations duties; and documenting the Museum’s programs and events through photography and video, among other responsibilities.
Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in communications or related field; three years of work experience in a similar position preferred; excellent writing and communications skills; demonstrated knowledge and experience with social media; demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, WordPress, desktop publishing, graphics, photo-editing and video-editing software; ability to manage multiple concurrent projects efficiently and effectively; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; self-directed agile learner willing to expand functional knowledge; and strong emphasis on organization and planning with proven ability to work fast, efficiently and thoroughly.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to Claire Ertl, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Westmoreland is an EOE. No phone calls, please.
Visitor Services Representative (Part-Time)
The Visitor Services Representative (VSR) at The Westmoreland provides excellent visitor services for our guests. They ensure the protection and safety of our visitors, staff, the collection and the Museum’s physical facilities by being stationed in our galleries during public hours. All of our VSRs are welcoming to our visitors, providing general and wayfinding information as requested. As the VSRs are visible to the public on a regular basis, we expect them to deal with the public in a pleasant and diplomatic manner. The VSRs are also expected to assist if an accident or emergency occurs. The successful applicants should have prior customer service experience and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the public. The person should be able to stand for long periods of time, comfortable working with large crowds and physically able to react to emergency situations.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to Tina Klym-Snyder, Manager of Visitor Services at email@example.com. The Westmoreland is an EOE. No phone calls, please.
Event Staff (Part-Time)
The Event staff are responsible for properly organizing and managing Museum events. They create a positive and enjoyable experience for guests while ensuring Museum property is always kept safe, clean and properly maintained. This job is part-time with limited hours.
Essential Functions: Event Staffing – Maintains an enjoyable, safe, clean and well organized event by:
- Assisting with table and chair set up and breakdown
- Assisting with food and beverage preparation, setup and clean up
- Cleaning, recycling and ensuring a clean environment at all times
- Placing event décor, linens, table settings, etc.
- Greeting vendors and guests and directing them as appropriate
- Enforcing venue policies and procedures
- Answering questions and providing directions
- Operating the elevator as needed
- Follows Museum safety procedures in performing all duties of the job
- Assisting the Event Manager with rental inquiries, scheduling site visits and file maintenance as needed
- Coordination of events in the Event Manager’s absence
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Event Manager
- 3 years of minimum experience working with the public in a special events setting, experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to work with a diverse population of guests, vendors, clients and staff.
- Reliable, prompt and must have reliable transportation to arrive on time.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Physical Working Conditions:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours including various days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to Catena Bergevin, Director of Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Westmoreland is an EOE. No phone calls, please.