Can you see yourself here?
The Event staff are responsible for properly organizing and managing Museum events. They create a positive and enjoyable experience for guests while ensuring Museum property is always kept safe, clean and properly maintained. This job is part-time with limited hours.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Event Staffing (100%) – Maintains an enjoyable, safe, clean and well organized event by:
- Assisting with table and chair set up and breakdown
- Assisting with food and beverage preparation, setup and clean up
- Cleaning, recycling and ensuring a clean environment at all times
- Placing event décor, linens, table settings, etc.
- Greeting vendors and guests and directing them as appropriate
- Enforcing venue policies and procedures
- Answering questions and providing directions
- Operating the elevator as needed
- Follows Museum safety procedures in performing all duties of the job
- Assisting the Event Manager with rental inquiries, scheduling site visits and file maintenance as needed
- Coordination of events in the Event Manager’s absence
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Event Manager
- 3 years of minimum experience working with the public in a special events setting, experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to work with a diverse population of guests, vendors, clients and staff.
- Reliable, prompt and must have reliable transportation to arrive on time.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Physical Working Conditions:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours including various days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to Catena Bergevin, Director of Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.