Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with a special focus on the local community and the many ways in which Hispanic and Latino cultures are celebrated. Come for a day of music, dance, entertainment and art that is sure to leave you feeling uplifted and enlightened. Then try your own hand (or feet) at dancing and creating artwork and crafts.
- 11 – 11:15am Flamenco performed by Maria Nunez
- 11:30 – 12pm Zumba by Diana Sanchez Tabon
- 12 – 1pm Noel Quintana and the Latin Jazz Crew
- 1 – 1:15pm Mexican Folklore Dancing: Veracruz La Bruja performed by Diana Sanchez Tabon and La Bamba performed by Diana Sanchez Tabon and Guillermo Velazquez
- 1:15 – 1:30pm Argentinian Folk Songs performed by Silvinia Monica Orsatti
- 1:30 – 1:45pm Flamenco performed by Maria Nunez
- 1:45 – 2:15pm Mexican Folklore Dancing: Jalisco Songs – La negra, La culebra and El Jarabe Tapatio performed by Diana Sanchez Tabon and Guillermo Velazquez
- 2:30 – 3pm Coro Latinoamericano
Make sure to stop by the studio for a paper flower art activity and visit the Center for Creative Connections, where the Pitt Greensburg Spanish Club will be creating an El Día de los Muertos, (Day of the Dead) altar. Bring an object to leave on the altar in honor of the memory of your ancestors. *(Please do not bring objects of value). More performances and activities to be added!
Funnel Cake Men Food Truck will be on site serving up, for purchase, a flavorful and fluffy selection of funnel cakes and other golden fried goodies!
Questions about this upcoming Community Day? Call 888.718.4253.