The Westmoreland celebrates fall! Wear a costume if you like and take part in the costume contest! Plus, plan to have lots of fall fun with pumpkin carving, spooky stories, face painting, hot apple cider, art making activities and more.
Registration is not required to attend, but encouraged for planning purposes!
To register, click here or call 888.718.4253.
Schedule of Events
-Trick or Treat in the galleries 11am-3pm
– Spooky Stories read by the Greensburg Hempfield Area Library, 11:30am and 2:30pm
– Westmoreland Collection Costume Contest, (register at Front Desk by 1:30 to enter the contest)
- Come to the museum dressed as your favorite piece from The Westmoreland’s collection! Examples: A tree from a Scalp level landscape, a dower chest, or a crazy quilt!
– Costume Parade through the Museum Garden at 2pm
– Face Painting by Creative Face Artist Karen Cruz, 11am-3pm
– Pumpkin Carving by Richard Bubin, Noon-3pm
– Fall Arrangement Demonstrations and Tulip Bulb Giveaway by Greensburg Garden Center, 11am-3pm
– Guitarist and Singer Craig “Izzy” Arlet, 11am-3pm
– Autumn Leaf Printmaking, 11am-3pm
Westmoreland Collection Costume Contest Rules & Regulations:
Three age group categories:
Infant and Toddler Group 0 – 5 years old
Kids Group 6 years old – 12 years old
Teen Group 13 – 17 years old
Most like a piece of artwork from The Westmoreland’s collection
Register between 11-1:30pm at the Front Desk
Vote for the best costume 1:30-1:45pm in Community Room
Awards 1:45pm (Must be present to win)
All costumes are welcomed; however, please make sure costumes are culturally sensitive and “G” rated!
No masks or weapons.
Credit Line: Mervin Allen Corning (1926 – 2006), October – Wyeth Farm, 1989, Watercolor on Paper, 28 3/4 x 41 in., Gift of Art Rooney Jr., 2015.9.