Celebrate Labor Day as the Museum becomes a Makerspace that will inspire you to ‘work,’ even on a holiday weekend! Artists and ‘tinkerers’ will help you experiment, create, invent, and build things with a variety of materials, technology and tools.
Makers, Artists & Tinkerers Activities:
- Assemble PGH: LED Pens Activity
- Design your own glass pattern or scene on a small wooden magnet while learning about traditional mosaics at Pittsburgh Glass Center’s Mosaic Magnet Glass Activity.
- Create with a large array of playful, reclaimed materials and learn, hands-on, about reuse at Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse’s Reuse-a-Palooza!
- Experiment, brainstorm, and implement ideas at Owen Lowery’s interactive workshop, Everything’s a Switch! Everything’s a Button!
- Explore two of artist Isaac Bower’s interactive sculpture systems, called Cojiform and Interlocutors. Create Cojiform or Interlocutor sculptures by discovering ways to arrange, connect, and balance these unique shapes!
Enjoy a fresh, made-to-order doughnut from Dahntahn Donuts!
Get ready to use your mind and your hands in this immersive, imaginative celebration of work, work, work!
Questions about this Community Day? Call 888.718.4253.
Let’s us know you are interested about this upcoming Makerspace Community Day on Facebook!