Rights & Reproductions
Digital images from The Westmoreland Museum of American Art’s collection and archives may be licensed for scholarly and commercial uses. Additionally, reproduction prints of select artworks may be purchased for personal use through the Museum Shop online.
To request an image for your publication, product, or presentation, please complete the Rights & Reproductions Image Request Form and email the completed form to Doug Evens, Director of Collections and Exhibition Management at email@example.com.
For price details, please contact Doug Evans, Director of Collections and Exhibition Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image Request Details
- Although The Westmoreland may own an artwork, the artist or their estate may be represented by an agency, like Artists Rights Society (ARS), that specifically oversees the artist’s copyright. If an image is presumed to be under copyright, the requester is responsible for obtaining copyright clearance.
- Licensing requests must be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the date each image is needed, to ensure adequate processing time. Additional time may be required if an object requires new photography.
- Requests must include the name of the requester, contact information, and the intended use of each image. When applicable, requests should also include authors and publishers, print run, anticipated date of publication, requested collection image, and any requirements for the format of the photography.
- Images will not be provided to the requester until the payment of fees, if applicable, is received by The Westmoreland. You may pay by either a credit card, check, wire transfer or U.S. Postal Money Order. Checks or money orders should be made out to the Westmoreland Museum of American Art. Wire transfers are accepted but are subject to a $20.00 bank processing fee.
- Permission is based on a one time use only. Permissions cannot be granted in perpetuity.
- Copying or redistributing images from The Westmoreland’s collection or archives in any form, whether for personal or corporate commercial gain, is prohibited.