Opportunities at The Westmoreland
Accounting Assistant (Part-Time)
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art’s part-time Accounting Assistant is a detail oriented person who is responsible for the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for The Westmoreland. The candidate acts as the first line of internal control for cash disbursements by ensuring invoices have proper coding and authorizations, setting up 1099 vendors, maintaining W-9 forms and handling vendor relations. The Accounting Assistant enters the invoices into the accounting software (Abila Non-Profit Accounting), prints checks and runs various reports on a regular and ad hoc basis. The candidate manages The Westmoreland’s staff credit cards payment processes, office supplies and inventory as well. Minimum qualifications include an accounting background and three years of related work experience, proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, well organized and accurate and able to work collaboratively in a team environment. Must be able to work 28-34 hours per week.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. The Museum is an EOE. No phone calls, please.
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art is seeking a Part-Time Custodian to assist in the cleaning and organization of the Museum building and grounds. The Custodian is expected to work independently, be a good manager of time, and perform all job duties with the visitor’s experience in mind. This position is Part-Time, less than 20 hours per week.
- Patrols the interior and exterior of the building daily for identification of issues and clearing of obstacles or debris.
- Cleans the breakroom and catering kitchens.
- Cleans and checks restrooms as needed daily.
- Removes trash by emptying all trash containers, transports materials to disposal area and recycles materials as appropriate.
- Mop galleries, stairs, studio, basement and lobby on schedule provided by Facilities Manager
- Do light yard work and light snow removal as scheduled.
- Check the HVAC equipment is working daily.
- Vacuums, dusts and disinfects offices and staff lounge regularly.
- Washes windows and doors as needed.
- Keeps cleaning equipment operational by following manufacturers operating and care guidelines; completes operator repairs and parts replacement.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Keep a neat and organized supply room.
- Provide assistance with special events and museum programs as requested.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Previous experience as a custodian, janitor or in a service position.
- Knowledge of practices, methods, equipment, tools, and materials used in custodial work.
- Commitment to providing excellent service and ability to take initiative in performing job functions.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed to support Museum activities.
- Ability to work outdoors or at heights while performing job duties when necessary.
Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification or criminal, and/or employment background checks.
The Westmoreland is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
There are no current openings at this time. Please check back later for internship opportunities.
Call for Proposals for Regional Artist Exhibitions:
The Westmoreland is accepting proposals for exhibitions, which are held in the Robertshaw Gallery (adjacent to the lobby on the 1st floor). Regional artists working in all media and living within a 150-mile radius of Greensburg/Pittsburgh, PA will be considered. Site-specific installations are welcome. For more information about submission guidelines, please contact Curatorial Assistant Bonnie West at 724.837.1500 x129 or email@example.com.
In Search of Artist Educators:
The Westmoreland is in search of artists and makers to host Pop-Up Studios. Pop-Up Studios are geared towards adults (ages 18 and above) and take place once a month on a Wednesday evening, 6-8pm, in the Museum studio. These classes give adult attendees the opportunity to discover different techniques, work with various types of media and explore their creative side in a relaxing environment with snacks, drinks and expert instruction. Interested in hosting a Pop-Up Studio or have some questions? Please contact Studio Programs Coordinator Michael Carsone at 724.837.1500 x 146 or firstname.lastname@example.org.