Greensburg ArtsWalk 2019 Announces Full Schedule of Performances, Exhibitions and Art Activities
All are invited to attend this event celebrating the city’s rich arts community!
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania (April 17, 2019) – Greensburg’s arts community will be on full display during the second annual ArtsWalk on Saturday, April 27, 10am – 6pm. Painters, sculptors, musicians, dancers and artists of other mediums will converge on downtown and be featured in performances, exhibitions and art activities.
During this self-guided walking tour, which includes indoor and outdoor locations throughout downtown, attendees will have the opportunity to discover Greensburg’s vibrant visual and performing arts community.
On the day of ArtsWalk, attendees can pick up a roadmap with a schedule of events at Courthouse Square that will guide them to over 17 locations featuring local artists. The full ArtsWalk schedule can be found at greensburgartswalk.com.
Featured events and activities include:
- The Museum’s many exhibits, including the current exhibition Mingled Visions: The Photographs of Edward S. Curtis and Will Wilson and the Family Tree Projectwith Baltzer Meyer Historical Society,will be open for exploration. The Museum will have live entertainment with Tim Roberts & Stacey Meyers kicking things off at 11:30am and Stage Right! Sensations playing inside The Museum at 1:00pm. Jacian Blaze Acoustic Music and Fitness Envi led by Aubrey Worek with Modern Mobility Improv Dance Sessions will also be performing. Also, Steel City Chimney food truck and Café Marchand will be offering food and beverages at The Museum.
- At Westmoreland Cultural Trust’s Incubator for the Arts at 102 and 108 North Main Street and 41 West Otterman Street Location, a total of ten artists will open their studios, and attendees will have the opportunity to look inside the artists’ studios and discuss their work with them.
- The Trust’s Art in the Alley will have live music, entertainment and art activities throughout the day. Stage Right! Sensations and Aubrey Burchell will start the musical performances, followed by School of Rock Wexford House Band, Fitness Envi, Antolena, Lea Rae & CC Petrush, Tupelo & Noah, Safety Last, and Janie Wilcox & Cameron Taylor. The Alley will also host a variety of art activities with community partners, including: live painting demonstrations, face painting, caricature drawings, a children’s activity with Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival, children’s printmaking with Greensburg Arts Center and more. In addition, The Alley will also have food options provided by Elegant Catering food truck and Barry’s Italian Ice, and beverages sold by the Trust.
- Seton Hill Arts Center will host a variety of art activities and exhibitions. Highlights include the Art Hive open studio by undergrad art therapy students, senior student gallery shows, a sticker workshop by graphic design students, and a 3D printing and laser etching demo. Plus, ArtsWalk attendees can explore the artwork sale by students in the arts, participate in an arts activity in the art yard, and watch a foundry demonstration pour from the first floor mezzanine.
- DV8 Espresso Bar & Gallery’s exhibition, Double Exposure, features photography by Charles Dangelo and Kimberly Rentler. The espresso bar will also have live music starting at noon and includes talented artists: Jaded Harmony, Analog Experience, Luke Weltz, Suavitys Mouthpiece, and The Moment.
- At Greensburg Hempfield Area Library, attendees can view Janice Decker’s artwork, participate in a Read-a-Thon on the front porch from 11:30am – 1pm, and enjoy A Scots-Irish Heritage, Alex & Sophia: An American Journeypresented by Bob MacPherson.
- At Greensburg YMCA, Unity Poster Contest artworks by local children will be on display. The YMCA will also offer free snacks and water all day, a discount sale on thrift shop merchandise, and a musical performance by local power duo, The Heavenly Biscuits.
- Caffe Barista will host a painted wine glass demonstration by artist Ashley Ponterio and feature acoustic band Gashouse Annie.
- Pottery Playhouse will hold pottery sessions with a waived fee from 11am – 5pm.
- The Rialto will have live art, live music and drink specials on their patio, 11am – 6pm.
Additionally, retailers, restaurants, and other local businesses downtown may have special offers for ArtsWalk participants.
Greensburg ArtsWalk is presented in partnership by The Westmoreland Museum of American Art and Westmoreland Cultural Trust. Other participating partner organizations include Think Greensburg-Greensburg Community Development Corporation and Seton Hill University. Additional supporters of ArtsWalk include: Fotorecord Print Center for printing, 98.7 Jack FM Greensburg for radio promotion, Chroma Studios for web hosting, City of Greensburg for complimentary FREE parking, Westmoreland County Chamber of Commerce for LED Marketing, and Savvy Shots Photography for video and photography.
For the full ArtsWalk schedule, visit: greensburgartswalk.com.
About The Westmoreland Museum of American Art: Western Pennsylvania’s only museum dedicated to American art, The Westmoreland Museum of American Art in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, is a place to share meaningful cultural experiences that open the door to new ideas, perspectives and possibilities. The Westmoreland’s extraordinary permanent collection, with its strong focus on the art and artists of southwestern Pennsylvania, is complemented by an impressive schedule of temporary exhibitions— both nationally traveling exhibitions and those organized by the Museum—as well as community-oriented programming and special events. More information is available at thewestmoreland.org and on the Museum’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profiles.
About Westmoreland Cultural Trust: Westmoreland Cultural Trust is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to stimulate cultural and economic development in the Westmoreland County region, to promote the performing arts; preserve and enhance the region’s assets for the benefit of the community. www.westmorelandculturaltrust.org