Health & Safety at The Westmoreland
Mask/Face Covering Policy Update
Over the past year, The Westmoreland has continued to follow government and public health guidance to keep our staff and visitors safe. We thank you for your continued help and support! Given the growing percentage of vaccinated adults across the state, Pennsylvania has lifted the universal masking order and all remaining COVID-19 restrictions. Mask-wearing is no longer required at The Westmoreland. Unvaccinated visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks or face coverings, and any visitors experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are kindly asked to remain home.
The Museum is open Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, and admission to the Museum remains free. To visit, we recommend that visitors make an advance online registration.
Also, please note that the Museum continues to present a variety of virtual public programming, including art camps for children, artist talks, workshops, and more, and is reintroducing some in-person events this summer, including movie nights and a culinary experience. To register for or to learn more about upcoming virtual and in-person events, please click here.
Continued Policies to Ensure Your Safety
- Advance online registration is recommended for visiting the Museum; this includes the first hour of admission, which we recommend for high-risk individuals since it is the least crowded time to visit the Museum.
- Visitors and staff are reminded to follow recommendations for proper hand washing, which are posted in the restrooms.
- Water fountains will not be in use. Complimentary disposable bottles of water will be available in the Museum Shop. Please dispose of these bottles in the recycling receptacles provided.
- Visitors should leave all non-essential items in their vehicle or at home before entering the Museum. Storage lockers will not be available. If bringing a backpack, it must be worn on the front of one’s body to prevent potential damage of artwork. Please no bags or backpacks larger than 16” x 18”.
- If one is sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please follow quarantining guidance, and therefore please do not plan a visit to The Westmoreland until you have been symptom-free for at least 14 days.
Additional Ways We Are Supporting a Safe Space
- Access to hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum.
- Addition of Plexiglas barriers at the Lobby Welcome Desk and Museum Shop register.
- Limits on the number of people allowed in gallery spaces and all other areas of the Museum.
- To minimize contact with high-touch surfaces, The Westmoreland has temporarily eliminated hands-on art activities and therefore closed the Center for Creative Connections.
The health, safety and well-being of our visitors and staff is always the highest priority of The Westmoreland, and we are committed to responding as quickly as possible to guidance and new information about COVID-19 provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Pennsylvania Department of Health and Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and for information on ways to connect with the Museum through fun and engaging virtual experiences from your home, please click here.
Last Updated 6/29/2021