COVID-19 Updates from The Westmoreland
Over the past year, The Westmoreland has continued to follow government and public health guidance to keep our staff and visitors safe. We thank you for your continued help and support!
We have reviewed recent guidance from Pennsylvania and are working with many other regional museums and cultural institutions for a consistent, safe approach across our institutions. The Westmoreland will ask visitors to continue to wear their masks while indoors until June 28 or until State mask mandates are lifted. We will review over the coming weeks, and we look forward to seeing you at the Museum soon! Please see below for information on our COVID-19 safety policies and procedures.
The Museum’s operating hours of Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, have resumed, and advance registration is required for admission. Admission to the Museum is free.
Also, please note that the Museum continues to present a full slate of virtual public programming, including art camps for children, artist talks, workshops, and more, and is reintroducing some outdoor in-person events, including movie nights and a culinary experience. To register for or to learn more about upcoming virtual and in-person events, please click here.
For information on ways to connect with the Museum through fun and engaging virtual experiences from your home, please click here.
If you have any questions or comments, please email email@example.com.
Last Updated 6/08/2021
The health, safety and well-being of our visitors and staff is always the highest priority of The Westmoreland, and we are committed to responding as quickly as possible to guidance and new information about COVID-19 provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Pennsylvania Department of Health and Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety. Prevention of potential exposure is the primary objective in implementing the safety policies and procedures listed below as well as other measures.
Continued Policies to Ensure Your Safety
- Masks or face coverings, which cover both one’s mouth and nose, are required for entry to the Museum and must be worn at all times by Museum visitors and staff until June 28 or until State mask mandates are listed.
- Advance online registration is required for visiting the Museum; this includes the first hour of admission, which is reserved for high-risk individuals.
- Visitors, not in the same party, and staff must stay at least 6 feet apart from others when moving throughout the Museum.
- Visitors and staff are reminded to follow recommendations for proper hand washing, which are posted in the restrooms.
- Water fountains will not be in use. Complimentary disposable bottles of water will be available in the Museum Shop. Please dispose of these bottles in the recycling receptacles provided.
- Visitors should leave all non-essential items in their vehicle or at home before entering the Museum. Storage lockers will not be available. If bringing a backpack, it must be worn on the front of one’s body to prevent potential damage of artwork. Please no bags or backpacks larger than 16” x 18”.
- If one is sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please follow quarantining guidance, and therefore please do not plan a visit to The Westmoreland until you have been symptom-free for at least 14 days.
Additional Ways We Are Supporting a Safe Space
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of the Museum, including continual cleaning of high touch areas throughout the day.
- Access to hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum.
- Addition of floor markers in key areas with reminders about maintaining proper social distancing of six feet.
- Addition of Plexiglas barriers at the Lobby Welcome Desk and Museum Shop register.
- Limits on the number of people allowed in gallery spaces and all other areas of the Museum.
- To minimize contact with high-touch surfaces, The Westmoreland has temporarily eliminated hands-on art activities and therefore closed the Center for Creative Connections.
*If you or a member of your party has a medical condition that prohibits wearing a mask or face covering, please do not complete your registration online. Instead, please schedule your visit by calling 724-837-1500 x116 during our operating hours of 10am – 5pm (Wednesday-Sunday).
The Museum has a limited supply of disposable masks for visitors who arrive without their own mask or face covering.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and for information on ways to connect with the Museum through fun and engaging virtual experiences from your home, please click here.