Elementary School Tours
K-2: Colors & Emotions
This is a one hour guided tour that includes an art-making activity. Students will explore how art makes us feel through music, drawing, story time, and imaginative play.
– Kindergarten: 9.1.3.A, 9.1.3.B, 9.1.3.C, 9.1.3.E, 9.1.3.K, 9.1.3.H, 9.4.3.D
– 1st Grade: 9.1.3.E, 9.1.3.H, 9.2.3.A, 9.2.3.F, 9.2.3.K, 9.4.3.D
– 2nd Grade: 9.1.3.A, 9.1.3.B, 9.1.3.C, 9.1.3.D, 9.1.3.E, 9.1.3.F, 9.1.3.G, 9.1.3H, 9.1.3.J. 9.1.3.K, 9.2.3.D, 9.2.3.E, 9.2.3.E, 9.2.3.F, 9.2.3.G, 9.3.3.D, 9.4.3.A, 9.4.3.B, 9.4.3.D
3rd-5th: Pennsylvania History (People, Land, & Movement)
This is a two hour guided tour that includes an art-making activity. Students will learn about the history of portraiture, explore immigrant and labor stories, and see the dramatic transformation of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
– 3rd Grade: 7.2.3.A, 7.2.3.B, 7.4.3.A, 8.2.3.B, 9.1.3.A 9.1.3.B, 9.1.3.C
– 4th Grade: 7.1.4.B, 7.2.4.B, 8.2.4.B, 8.2.4.C, 9.1.3.A 9.1.3.B 9.1.3.C
– 5th Grade: 7.1.5.B, 7.4.5.B, 8.2.5.B, 8.2.5.C, 9.1.3.A, 9.1.3.B, 9.1.3.C
*Due to the limitations of time and available content, the combination of curriculum standards will vary tour to tour. Please let us know if there is an area of emphasis within the listed curriculum standards you need for your class and we will do our best accommodate your request.
How to Book
To book a school tour, outreach program, and/or teacher workshop, please contact Amanda Denham, Education Programs Manager, email@example.com, 724.837.1500 x141
When you email or call to book a tour and/or outreach, please have the following information ready:
- Contact: name, address, phone number, email
- Grade level(s) + selected tour
- Number of students and chaperones
- Preferred date and time + alternate date and time
- Any special needs
Requests must be made at least 1 month prior to visit. Please make reservations as far in advance as possible to avoid schedule conflicts.