Inaugural Greensburg ArtsWalk to Celebrate City's Arts Community on April 14
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Claire Ertl, Director of Marketing & Public Relations
Kaitlyn Zurcher, Manager of Communications
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania (February 27, 2018) – The inaugural Greensburg ArtsWalk, an event highlighting the thriving visual and performing arts community throughout the city, will be held on Saturday, April 14, 2018 from 11am-5pm.
During ArtsWalk—presented by The Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Seton Hill University, The Westmoreland Cultural Trust and Think Greensburg—arts organizations, music and dance groups and individual artists will be featured in exhibitions, performances, demonstrations and participatory activities throughout the day.
Participants can use the ArtsWalk map and schedule of events (available online and at Courthouse Square) to guide them through a variety of destinations and activities, such as:
- Art Happenings will take place at four of The Westmoreland Museum of American Art’s Art Happens locations installed around Greensburg’s downtown buildings and gateways. These Happenings, inspired by the artwork at one of the four Art Happens sites, will include music and dance performances, performative art making and more.
- The Westmoreland Museum of American Art will offer free admission all day and be a location for one of the Happenings.
- Seton Hill University will have exhibitions of senior student artwork in their Harlan and Jodee Harris Galleries, and all of their studios will be open for visitation and staffed with student demonstrations. Plus, their Art Yard will host entertainment and performances throughout the day.
- The Westmoreland Cultural Trust’s Incubator for the Arts studios will be open, with resident artists creating and discussing their work. Live music, face painting and interactive public art can be viewed at the Trust’s Art in the Alley Project.
- DV8 Espresso Bar and Gallery will feature an art exhibition by regional artists.
- Participating downtown businesses will feature special offers for ArtsWalk visitors making their way around town.
“We are looking forward to celebrating Greensburg’s vital arts community in partnership with Seton Hill University, the Westmoreland Cultural Trust and Think Greensburg,” Catena Bergevin, The Westmoreland’s Deputy Director/Director of Advancement, said. “In addition to having arts activities for all to enjoy throughout the day, ArtsWalk will highlight our Art Happens public art project, which features art installations in more than a dozen locations throughout downtown Greensburg.”
The community can learn more about Greensburg ArtsWalk 2018 by visiting thewestmoreland.org/artswalk or RSVP’ing to the Facebook event.